The semiconductor market share is expected to increase by USD 156.39 billion from 2021 to 2026 and the growth momentum of the market is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of 5.08%.
This Semiconductors market research report provides valuable insights into the impact of COVID-19 on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Additionally, this report covers extensivelySemiconductor market segmentation by product (ICs, optoelectronics, discrete semiconductors and sensors) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America and Middle East and Africa).The Semiconductor Market Report also provides information on several market vendors including Analog Devices Inc., Broadcom Inc., Intel Corp., MediaTek Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Micron Technology Inc., NVIDIA Corp., NXP Semiconductors NV, ON Semiconductor Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Renesas Electronics Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., SK HYNIX Inc., Skyworks Solutions Inc., Sony Group Corp., STMicroelectronics NV, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Texas Instruments Inc., Toshiba Corp. and Infineon Technologies AG.
What will be the semiconductor market size during the forecast period?
Download sample reportto unlock the semiconductor market size for the forecast period and other important statistics
Semiconductor Market: Important Drivers, Trends and Challenges
Increasing adoption of IoT devices is particularly driving the growth of the semiconductor market, although factors such as the impact of the war in Russia and Ukraine may hamper market growth.Our research analysts have examined the historical data and derived the key market drivers and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the semiconductor industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers helps to derive end goals and refine marketing strategies to achieve a competitive advantage.
Key drivers of the semiconductor market
- Increasing adoption of IoT devices is one of the key drivers of semiconductor market growth.
- The IoT ecosystem is expanding rapidly, driving the implementation of smart devices such as smart security solutions, smart parking management systems, autonomous guided vehicles, autonomous mobile robots, and smart robots.
- Magnetic sensors play a crucial role in smart devices. They are used in these devices for various functions such as object detection, position tracking, and navigation.
- Magnetic sensors can count the revolutions of crankshafts and wheels of machines. The increasing number of connected devices offers opportunities for providers to offer products and services, develop a robust IoT infrastructure and generate revenue. This, in turn, will drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Key trend in the semiconductor market
- Sustainable manufacturing is one of the key trends in the semiconductor market contributing to the market growth.
- A single semiconductor fab requires about 1 TWh of energy per year and two to four million gallons of ultrapure water per day. Demand for semiconductors continues to grow due to new technologies such as 5G, AI and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Industry leaders such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSMC) and Intel Corporation (Intel) are actively taking steps towards comprehensive sustainability programs for semiconductor manufacturing. For example, TSMC has established various water recycling applications, expanded various water sources, and developed pollution prevention techniques to maximize water use efficiency.
- Intel has announced its 2030 operational sustainability goals as part of its commitment to be a global leader in sustainability. By 2030, the company aims to save 60 billion gallons of water and fund external water treatment projects. As such, vendors are adopting sustainability efforts as an integral part of their strategy to improve brand image. Such factors are expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Key challenge of the semiconductor market
- The effects of the war in Russia and Ukraine is one of the factors hampering the growth of the semiconductor market.
- The Russia-Ukraine conflict has led to a low supply of neon and hexafluorobutadiene gases, which are essential for making semiconductor chips as they are used in the lithography processes for chip production.
- Ukraine currently supplies more than 70% of the world's neon gas, while Russia is the world's largest producer of palladium and the third largest supplier of nickel.
- The raw materials will affect the supply and production of semiconductor chips, electric vehicle batteries and catalytic converters, which will hamper the market growth in the years to come.
This Semiconductors Market analysis report also provides detailed information about other upcoming trends and challenges that will have wide ranging impact on the market growth. The actionable insights into the trends and challenges will help companies assess and develop growth strategies for 2022-2026.
Parent market analysis
Technavio categorizes the global semiconductor market as part of the global technology hardware, memory and peripherals market. Our research report has delved extensively into external factors that will influence the growth potential of the parent market in the coming years and will determine the growth level of the semiconductor market during the forecast period.
Who are the Key Semiconductor Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market competitive landscape and provides information about several market vendors including:
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Intel Corp.
- MediaTek Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Mikron Technology Inc.
- NVIDIA Corp.
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- ON Semiconductor Corp.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corp.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- SK Hynix Inc.
- Skyworks Solutions Inc.
- Sony Group Corp.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toshiba Corp.
- InfineonTechnologies AG
This statistical study of the semiconductor market encompasses successful business strategies employed by the major vendors. The semiconductor market is fragmented and providers are building uporganic and inorganic growth strategiesto compete in the market.
Product insights and news
- onsemi.com - The company offers semiconductor products such as the i.MX 8M mini quad processor, i.MX RT crossover MCUs and Layerscape processors.
- renesas.com – The company offers semiconductor products such as Snapdragon 8 series mobile processors, APQ8096SG processors and Cloud AI 100 processors.
- shynix.com - The company offers semiconductor products such as Samsung DDR5, Samsung HBM3 Icebolt and Samsung GDDR6.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on growth prospects in the fast-growing segments while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The Semiconductor Market Forecast Report provides detailed insights into the main vendor profiles. The profiles contain information on production, sustainability and perspectives of the leading companies.
Semiconductor Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides comprehensive semiconductor market value chain analysis information that vendors can utilize to gain a competitive edge during the forecast period. End-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential for profit margin optimization and evaluating business strategies. The data available in our Value Chain Analysis segment can help vendors reduce costs and improve customer service during the forecast period.
What are the key regions for the semiconductor market?
More insights into the market share of different regionsRequest a PDF sample now!
75% of the market growth will come from APAC during the forecast period. China, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore are the key markets for the semiconductor market in APAC. The market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the South American market.
The increase in people's disposable income is expected to accelerate the demand for automobiles and electronic and electrical appliances, which will facilitate the growth of the semiconductor market in APAC over the forecast period.This market research report provides in-depth information on competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities for vendors to help create efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the outbreak of COVID-19 severely impacted the growth of the market. However, the semiconductor market in APAC started to recover in 2021 due to the lifting of lockdowns and the launch of large-scale vaccination campaigns. Furthermore, new product launches and expansion strategies of major semiconductor companies in the country are expected to boost the growth of the market over the forecast period.
What are the revenue-generating product segments in the semiconductor market?
To gain further insights into the market contribution of different segmentsRequest PDF example
The growth of semiconductor market share in IC segment will be significant during the forecast period. The global analog IC market is driven by the growing investments in Industry 4.0 initiatives. This is attributed to increasing demand for automation across various industries, which in turn will fuel demand for a wide range of semiconductor devices, including voltage regulators, amplifiers and data converters.Therefore, the vendors are focusing on expanding their analog IC portfolio to meet the demand in the market, which will have a positive impact on the segment growth over the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate forecast of each segment's contribution to the semiconductor market size growth and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
This might interest you:
East Asian semiconductor market- Market share is projected to increase to USD 86.58 billion from 2021 to 2026 and the growth momentum of the market will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.78%.
compound semiconductor market- Market share is projected to increase by USD 11.53 billion from 2020 to 2025 and the growth momentum of the market will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.33%.
Diamond materials for the semiconductor market- The market size has the potential to grow by USD 96.82 million over the period 2020-2024 and the growth momentum of the market is set to accelerate over the forecast period.
HF semiconductor brandt- The market share has the potential to grow by USD 961.22 million between 2021 and 2025 and the growth momentum of the market is set to accelerate at a CAGR of 8.26%.
semiconductor market in China- Market share is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% over the period 2014-2019.
Japan semiconductor market- Market share projected to grow at a CAGR of 0.61% over the period 2014-2019.
Scope of the semiconductor market
Growth Dynamics & CAGR
Accelerate with a CAGR of 5.08%
Market growth 2022-2026
YoY Growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America and Middle East & Africa
make a market contribution
APAC at 75%
Important consumer countries
USA, China, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore
Leading companies, competitive strategies, levels of consumer engagement
Important companies in profile
Analog Devices Inc., Broadcom Inc., Intel Corp., MediaTek Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Micron Technology Inc., NVIDIA Corp., NXP Semiconductors NV, ON Semiconductor Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Renesas Electronics Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, SK HYNIX Inc., Skyworks Solutions Inc., Sony Group Corp., STMicroelectronics NV, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Texas Instruments Inc., Toshiba Corp. und Infineon Technologies AG
Root market analysis, market growth triggers and barriers, fast growing and slow growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics and market state analysis for the forecast period.
If our report does not contain the data you are looking for, you can contact our analysts and have segments adjusted.
Request PDF sample
What Key Dates is Covered in This Semiconductor Market Report?
- CAGR of the market over the forecast period 2022-2026
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth of the semiconductor market in the next five years
- Precise estimation of the semiconductor market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions of upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the semiconductor industry in APAC, North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East and Africa
- A thorough analysis of the competitive landscape of the market and detailed information about vendors
- Full details of factors that will challenge the growth of Semiconductor market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to suit your needs.Get in touch
- 1.1 Market Overview
- Figure 01: Summary – Market Overview Graph
- Figure 02: Summary – Market Overview data table
- Figure 03: Summary – Global Market Characteristics Chart
- Figure 04: Summary – Chart on Market by Geography
- Figure 05: Summary – Market Segmentation Chart by Product
- Figure 06: Summary - Incremental Growth Graph
- Figure 07: Summary – Incremental Growth Data Table
- Figure 08: Summary – Vendor Market Positioning Chart
2 market landscape
- 2.1 Market Ecosystem
- Figure 09: Mother Market
- Figure 10: Market characteristics
3 market size
- 3.1 Market Definition
- Figure 11: Offers from providers included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market Segment Analysis
- Figure 12: Market segments
- 3.3 Market Size 2021
- 3.4 Market Outlook: Forecast for 2021-2026
- Figure 13: Chart on Global – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 14: Data Table on Global – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 15: Global Market Chart: YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 16: Global Market Data Table: YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Summary of the Five Forces
- Figure 17: Five Forces Analysis - Comparison between 2021 and 2026
- 4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Figure 18: Bargaining power of buyers chart – Impact of key factors in 2021 and 2026
- 4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Figure 19: Bargaining power of suppliers - influence of important factors in 2021 and 2026
- 4.4 Threat of New Entrants
- Figure 20: Threat of New Entrants – Impact of Key Factors in 2021 and 2026
- 4.5 Threat of Substitutes
- Figure 21: Threat of substitutes - Impact of key factors in 2021 and 2026
- 4.6 Threat of Rivalry
- Figure 22: Threat of Rivalry – Impact of Key Factors in 2021 and 2026
- 4.7 Market Conditions
- Figure 23: Market State Chart - Five Forces 2021 and 2026
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market Segments
- Figure 24: Product Chart - Market Share 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 25: Product Data Table – Market Share 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Figure 26: Comparison table by product
- Figure 27: Data table for comparison by product
- 5.3 ICs Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 28: Chart on ICs – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 29: ICs Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 30: ICs Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Exhibit 31: ICs Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.4 Optoelectronics Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 32: Optoelectronics Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 33: Optoelectronics Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Abbildung 34: Diagramm zur Optoelektronik – Wachstum im Jahresvergleich 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 35: Optoelectronics Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.5 Discrete Semiconductors Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 36: Discrete Semiconductors Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 37: Discrete Semiconductors Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (USD Billion)
- Figure 38: Discrete Semiconductors Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 39: Discrete Semiconductors Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.6 Sensors Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 40: Sensors Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 41: Sensors Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 42: Sensors Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 43: Sensors Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 5.7 Market Opportunity by Product
- Figure 44: Market Opportunity by Product (Billion USD)
6 customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview of the customer landscape
- Figure 45: Analysis of Price Sensitivity, Life Cycle, Customer Shopping Basket, Acceptance Rates and Purchase Criteria
7 Geographical Landscape
- 7.1 Geographical Segmentation
- Figure 46: Chart of Market Share by Region 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 47: Data table on market share by region 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic Comparison
- Figure 48: Geographic comparison chart
- Figure 49: Data table for geographical comparison
- 7.3 APAC Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 50: Chart of APAC – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 51: APAC Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 52: Chart of APAC - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Exhibit 53: Data Table on APAC - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.4 North America – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 54: North America Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 55: North America Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 56: North America Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Exhibit 57: North America Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.5 Europe Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 58: Europe Chart - Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 59: Europe Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 60: Chart on Europe - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 61: Europe data table - YoY growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.6 South America – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 62: South America Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 63: South America Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 64: Chart of South America - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 65: South America data table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.7 Middle East and Africa Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 66: Middle East & Africa Chart – Market Size & Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 67: Middle East and Africa Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 68: Middle East & Africa Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Exhibit 69: Middle East and Africa data table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.8 China Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 70: Chart on China – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 71: China Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 72: Chart on China - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 73: China data table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.9 United States - Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 74: Chart on USA - Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 75: US Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 76: US Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Exhibit 77: US Data Table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.10 South Korea - Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 78: South Korea Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 79: South Korea Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 80: Chart of South Korea - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 81: South Korea data table - YoY growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.11 Taiwan Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 82: Chart of Taiwan – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 83: Taiwan Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 84: Chart of Taiwan - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 85: Taiwan data table - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.12 Singapore Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026
- Figure 86: Singapore Chart – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Figure 87: Singapore Data Table – Market Size and Forecast 2021-2026 (Billion USD)
- Exhibit 88: Singapore Chart - YoY Growth 2021-2026 (%)
- Figure 89: Singapore data table - YoY growth 2021-2026 (%)
- 7.13 Market Opportunities by Geography
- Figure 90: Market Opportunities by Geography (Billion USD)
8 drivers, challenges and trends
- 8.1 Market Drivers
- 8.2 Market Challenges
- 8.3 Impact of Drivers and Challenges
- Figure 91: Impact of drivers and challenges in 2021 and 2026
- 8.4 Market Trends
9 provider landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor Landscape
- Figure 92: Overview of the criticality of inputs and differentiation factors
- 9.3 Landscape Disturbance
- Figure 93: Overview of confounding factors
- 9.4 Industry Risks
- Figure 94: Impact of the most important risks on the business
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Covered Vendors
- Exhibit 95: Vendor covered
- 10.2 Market Positioning of Vendors
- Figure 96: Vendor position and classification matrix
- 10.3 Broadcom Inc.
- Exhibit 97: Broadcom Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 98: Broadcom Inc. – Business Segments
- Exhibit 99: Broadcom Inc. - Breaking News
- Exhibit 100: Broadcom Inc. Key Offerings
- Figure 101: Broadcom Inc. – Segment Focus
- 10.4 Infineon Technologies AG
- Annex 102: Infineon Technologies AG – Overview
- Annex 103: Infineon Technologies AG – Business Segments
- Figure 104: Infineon Technologies AG – Important news
- Figure 105: Infineon Technologies AG – main offerings
- Figure 106: Infineon Technologies AG – segment focus
- 10.5 Intel Corp.
- Exhibit 107: Intel Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 108: Intel Corp. – business segments
- Exhibit 109: Intel Corp. - Important news
- Exhibit 110: Intel Corp. – Key Offers
- Figure 111: Intel Corp. – Segment focus
- 10,6-Mikron Technology Inc.
- Exhibit 112: Micron Technology Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 113: Micron Technology Inc. – Business Segments
- Exhibit 114: Micron Technology Inc. - Key Offerings
- Exhibit 115: Micron Technology Inc. – Segment Focus
- 10.7 NVIDIA Corp.
- Exhibit 116: NVIDIA Corp. - Overview
- Figure 117: NVIDIA Corp. – business segments
- Figure 118: NVIDIA Corp. - Important news
- Exhibit 119: NVIDIA Corp. – Key Offers
- Figure 120: NVIDIA Corp. – Segment focus
- 10.8 NXP Semiconductors NV
- Exhibit 121: NXP Semiconductors NV - Overview
- Exhibit 122: NXP Semiconductors NV - Product/Service
- Attachment 123: NXP Semiconductors NV – Important News
- Figure 124: NXP Semiconductors NV Key Offers
- 10.9 Qualcomm Inc.
- Exhibit 125: Qualcomm Inc. overview
- Exhibit 126: Qualcomm Inc. – Business Segments
- Exhibit 127: Qualcomm Inc. - Breaking News
- Exhibit 128: Qualcomm Inc. - Main Offerings
- Figure 129: Qualcomm Inc. - Segment Focus
- 10.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Exhibit 130: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd - Overview
- Figure 131: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd - Business Segments
- Exhibit 132: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd - Important News
- Exhibit 133: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd - Main Offerings
- Figure 134: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd – Segment Focus
- 10.11 SK Hynix Inc.
- Exhibit 135: SK HYNIX Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 136: SK HYNIX Inc. - Product/Service
- Exhibit 137: SK HYNIX Inc. - Key Offerings
- 10.12 Texas Instruments Inc.
- Exhibit 138: Texas Instruments Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 139: Texas Instruments Inc. – Business Segments
- Exhibit 140: Texas Instruments Inc. - Breaking News
- Exhibit 141: Texas Instruments Inc. - Main Offerings
- Figure 142: Texas Instruments Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the Report
- 11.2 Checklist for inclusions and exclusions
- Exhibit 143: Containment checklist
- Exhibit 144: Exclusion Checklist
- 11.3 Currency Conversion Rates for US$
- Figure 145: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.4 Research Methodology
- Figure 146: Research methodology
- Figure 147: Validation techniques used for market sizing
- Exhibit 148: Information Sources
- 11.5 List of Abbreviations
- Exhibit 149: List of Abbreviations
- Exhibit 149: List of Abbreviations
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS
The global semiconductor market size was USD 527.88 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow from USD 573.44 billion in 2022 to USD 1,380.79 billion in 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period.
Industry confidence for 2022 is exceedingly high. 95% of semiconductor leaders forecast their company's revenue to grow, and 68% forecast it will grow 11% or more.What is the outlook for semiconductors in 2023? ›
Global semiconductor revenue is projected to decline 3.6% in 2023, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc. In 2022, the market is on pace to grow 4% and total $618 billion. “The short-term outlook for semiconductor revenue has worsened,” said Richard Gordon, Practice Vice President at Gartner.What is the outlook for the semiconductor equipment industry? ›
After registering robust 30% growth in 2021, semiconductor test equipment market sales are forecast to slip 2.6% to $7.6 billion in 2022 and 7.3% to $7.1 billion in 2023.Why is the semiconductor market going down? ›
Fears of a global recession and weaker consumer spending habits have led to companies reducing expenditures for innovative semiconductor products across various markets.Is it a good time to invest in semiconductors? ›
Semiconductor stocks could be on the cusp of a comeback.
The semiconductor sector was trapped in a holding pattern for the second half of 2022, as the global economy tamped down demand for technology-based chip products. But it appears to be making a comeback of late.
Many people who use products that rely on semiconductors do not fully appreciate all the specialized talent required to produce those chips. Each semiconductor operations needs professionals who know how to turn raw materials into finished goods, often using specialized equipment like CNC machines.
With capacity crunch mainly for older, larger microchips, shift to newer chip technology will ease supply bottleneck.How much longer will semiconductor shortage last? ›
As a result, through the end of 2022 and into 2023, chip supplies are expected to be in surplus in many chip nodes, which analysts expect will be absorbed through much of 2023 by customers.What will replace semiconductors? ›
In this step graphene will become a replacement for silicon and will be the next step in the improvement of semiconductors and electronics. After 25 years we can expect the next step in graphene applications, things we can only dream of now.
The global semiconductor industry is anticipated to grow to US$1 trillion in revenues by 2030, doubling in this decade. This growth is expected to require investment in high-end advanced wafer manufacturing materials, equipment, and services—but also in the back-end AT solutions and services.Will semiconductor stocks go back up? ›
After a miserable performance in 2022, semiconductor stocks are looking for a comeback in 2023. Analysts say key segments to watch include cloud computing, electric vehicles and semiconductor equipment.Who is the largest semiconductor supplier in the world? ›
- #1 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. ( TSM)
- #2 Intel Corp. ( INTC)
- #3 Qualcomm Inc. ( QCOM)
- #4 Broadcom Inc. ( AVGO)
- #5 Micron Technology Inc. ( MU)
- #6 NVIDIA Corp. ( NVDA)
- #7 Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
- #8 ASE Technology Holding Co. Ltd. ( ASX)
China leads the production of semiconductor chips in the world, according to data from the United Nations. The electronics value chain, which includes consumer electronics and ICT, has been regionalized over the years, and China has become a major global production center for microelectronics.What company is leading the semiconductor industry? ›
Top semiconductor companies worldwide 2019-2021, by sales revenue. In 2021, Samsung retook market leader position with regards to global semiconductor sales with a sales volume of about 83.09 billion U.S. dollars. Intel ranked second, generating 75.55 billion U.S. dollars from the sale of semiconductors during 2021.Is recession coming in semiconductor industry? ›
The global semiconductor industry is likely to report a decline in revenues in 2023, owing to weak demand and fears of recession in the global economy.What is the best semiconductor stock to buy? ›
- Micron Technology Inc.
- GlobalFoundries Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc.
- Intel Corp.
- Qualcomm Inc.
(TSM) is the largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips. While Intel earns more revenue, TSM makes around 90% of advanced chips produced globally. TSM also controls more than half of the global semiconductor foundry market, by revenue.What companies will benefit from the chips bill? ›
3 Semiconductor Stocks That Will Benefit From the CHIPS Act.
Risks in the electronics and semiconductor industry include:
Equipment failure. High loss expectancies. Global supply chain management challenges. Business resiliency risks.
Shortages can be caused by natural disasters, variations in the supply of semiconductor material, changing economic conditions, or other geographic and political events.What is the solution for semiconductor shortage? ›
Redesign products where possible – when a component is in short supply, companies should look to redesign, where possible, without this component. Utilise AI to help speed up the research and development process and aid in risk assessment, thus making the supply chain more efficient and streamlined.Which car manufacturers are not affected by chip shortage? ›
- 2021 Hyundai Sonata. The Sonata is a great choice for families. ...
- 2021 Jeep Compass. The Jeep Compass is reliable and aesthetically appealing. ...
- 2021 Nissan Titan. ...
- 2021 Nissan Altima. ...
- 2021 Ram 1500 Classic. ...
- 2021 Nissan Sentra. ...
- 2021 Volvo XC60. ...
- 2021 Ford Expedition.
Among those most affected is the auto industry, where chip shortages are holding up production and denting sales. Semiconductors or chips are a crucial element in the manufacturing of consumer electronics such as smartphones, cameras and computers.Will we recover from the chip shortage? ›
The automotive and industrial sectors, among the hardest hit by the chip shortage, will be the fastest to recover, according to Bain & Company analysis. We anticipate that supply bottlenecks in these sectors will begin to improve in late 2022 and early 2023 (see Figure 1).What is the future of semiconductor stocks? ›
Key Points. The global semiconductor market is expected to more than double to $1.38 trillion by 2029. Two highly-profitable industry leaders are well off their highs and ripe for the picking. Meanwhile, one of the top-performing chipmakers since the end of the Great Recession is full of red flags.Is the semiconductor crisis over? ›
According to Jeremie Bouchaud, director, Autonomy and E/E & Semiconductor, S&P Global Mobility, “The chip crisis is not over yet, there's still a long way to recovery.”How long should the chip shortage last? ›
Chipmakers are adding more capacity but are effectively sold out until 2024. Enlarge / Some analysts have estimated that the chip shortage has caused new car prices to rise by 16 percent in two years.Why can't America make semiconductors? ›
The US national, state, and local governments have created tax and regulatory policy that makes investing in new manufacturing capacity for semiconductors incredibly difficult. It takes mountains of money and many years to even get through the process of permitting and approval to being a project in the US.What will replace the silicon chip? ›
Cubic boron arsenide is one of the best semiconductors known to science and could even dethrone silicon as the principal component of modern electronics.
Due to their role in the fabrication of electronic devices, semiconductors are an important part of our lives. Imagine life without electronic devices. There would be no smartphones, radios, TVs, computers, video games, or advanced medical diagnostic equipment.How important are semiconductors in future? ›
Without semiconductors, integrated circuits, transistors, solar cells, and many other computing materials simply would not exist. Because of this, semiconductor materials have a significant impact on the computing and electronic product supply chain.What are the future uses of semiconductor? ›
The future of semiconductor design is in conquering the complexity of chip design today by understanding all design data and meta data associated with the IP that makes up semiconductors. As technology, markets, and business strategies shift, it impacts the future of semiconductor design.Are semiconductors a good investment 2023? ›
We find it interesting that even with all the same headwinds, like higher interest rates, a higher cost of capital and a lowered expectation of global economic growth, semiconductor stocks have risen 20.8% in early 2023, through 1 February 2023, compared to the Nasdaq 100 Index rising 13.0%.Will semiconductor stocks go up 2023? ›
Semiconductor Stocks Brace For Bumpy 2023; Here's Who Can Weather The Storm. The semiconductor industry could be in for a rough year in 2023 amid declining sales of memory chips and PC processors, along with worries that other segments could turn south as well. However, some semiconductor stocks could buck the downturn ...Who are the new chip manufacturers in USA? ›
After years of stagnation, the U.S. is finally getting brand-new chip plants. Intel, GlobalFoundries, TSMC, and Samsung Foundry are set to spend well over $70 billion on U.S. fabs by 2025.Which is the No 1 semiconductor company in the world? ›
|Headquarters||Silicon Valley, California|
|Market Cap||$111.10 billion|
1. Intel Corporation (Leading Semiconductor Company in USA) Intel is world leader in silicon innovation develops processor technologies and supports global initiatives. Their main Semiconductor Device is high-performance processors.Who is the most advanced chip maker? ›
Taiwan Semiconductor currently dominates the market in the production of the most advanced types of semiconductor chips. The integrated circuits produce power appliances, cars, laptops, and phones.What is the most advanced semiconductor? ›
The most advanced category of mass-produced semiconductors — used in smartphones, military technology and much more — is known as 5 nm.
Microchips were invented in America, and we used to manufacture about 40% of them. Today, that number is closer to 12%. Our primary sources of microchips are oceans away, subject to disruptions or even intervention by adversaries like China.Why is Taiwan the only chip manufacturer? ›
Due to its strong capabilities in OEM wafer manufacturing and a complete industry supply chain, Taiwan has been able to distinguish itself from its competitors and dominate the global marketplace. Taiwan's semiconductor sector accounted for US$115 billion, around 20 percent of the global semiconductor industry.Who are the big three semiconductors? ›
As of 2021, only three firms are able to manufacture the most advanced semiconductors: TSMC of Taiwan, Samsung of South Korea, and Intel of the United States.What semiconductor company has the most patents? ›
Semiconductor (Memory Chips) Patents
Most of these patents are for semiconductor devices, static stores, electric digital data processing, and electric solid state devices. Macronix, Micron Technology, and Advanced Micro Devices are the companies that have filed the most patents in these areas.
What Country Produces the Most Semiconductors? The country responsible for the most semiconductors in the world is China. China, which has the largest population in the world, has also recently become responsible for more semiconductors than any other country.Will semiconductor prices go up? ›
Prices for semiconductors imported into the United States increased 8.0 percent from July 2021 to July 2022, following a rise of 8.2 percent for the year ended in June 2022.Will the semiconductor shortage end in 2023? ›
According to top industry insiders, the global chip shortage could continue until 2024. Talking to CNBC, Intel CEO Patrick P. Gelsinger stated his belief that the semiconductor shortage will not be sorted out in 2023. Previously, the Intel CEO said the global chip shortage could take years to resolve.